Media Contact: Hannah Rush Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 202.589.1122 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE The Excalibur Group Wins Gold HIRE Vets Medallion Award WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 8, 2018) – Today, the U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment Training Service (DOL VETS) awarded The Excalibur Group with a Gold HIRE Vets Medallion Award in a ceremony at the […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 29, 2018) – The Excalibur Group is pleased to announce the award of a Human Care Agreement with DC’s Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide Job Placement (JP) Services to support the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. The TANF program provides assistance to families with dependent children when available […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 16, 2018) — The Excalibur Group today announced its participation in National Disability Employment Awareness Month, an annual awareness campaign that takes place each October. The purpose of National Disability Employment Awareness Month is to educate about disability employment issues and celebrate the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. This year’s […]
- Navy To Begin Arming Subs With Ship-Killer Missile December 18, 2018It’s a major shift after decades in which submarines focused on projecting power ashore, with their only anti-ship weapons being their rarely-used torpedoes. Driving the change: increasing anxiety about China.Paul McLeary
- Army Picks BAE, GD For MPF Light Tank Prototypes: Upstart SAIC Is Out December 18, 2018Yes, MPF is much lighter and less heavily armored than the M1 Abrams or even Russian tanks like the T-90. But MPF is going to light infantry units that currently have no armored vehicles at all, just a handful of Humvees, towed M777 howitzers, and whatever weapons the men can carry on their backs.Sydney J. Freedberg Jr.
- IRS Guidance on Long-Awaited Qualified Transportation Fringes (QTFs) for Exempt Organizations Is Finally Here:Marcum LLP informed tax exempt organizations about new IRS guidance providing clarification of a rule under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) of 2017 that created unintended taxable income for many nonprofits. Frank H. Smith, national nonprofit tax leader of Raffa-Marcum’s Nonprofit & Social Sector Group, explained, “The new guidance provides some relief for […]
- Long Island City Community Leader Cynthia Davis Receives the 2018 UNFCU Foundation Women’s Empowerment AwardThe UNFCU Foundation recently honored Cynthia Davis, Director of Outreach for The Floating Hospital’s Community Health Center, with its 2018 Women's Empowerment Award. During a reception hosted by the UNFCU Foundation at the Columbus Citizens Foundation in New York, Ms. Davis was recognized for her passion and tireless local advocacy to end poverty. The mission […]
- New CIO Takes Reins with New Strategic Plan December 18, 2018The California Judicial Council chose an IT leader with more than 20 years' commercial and government experience to serve as its new CIO. And she has a mandate in the form of a new strategic plan.
- Verizon Tactical Trailer Spotlights Disaster Communication December 18, 2018In Sacramento for two days, Verizon’s Tactical Mobile Command Vehicle promoted awareness of its satellite connections and offered local testing. It bristles with tech and has seen duty in various disasters including Hurricane Michael.