Media Contact: Hannah Rush Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 202.589.1122 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE The Excalibur Group Wins Gold HIRE Vets Medallion Award WASHINGTON, D.C. (November 8, 2018) – Today, the U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment Training Service (DOL VETS) awarded The Excalibur Group with a Gold HIRE Vets Medallion Award in a ceremony at the […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 29, 2018) – The Excalibur Group is pleased to announce the award of a Human Care Agreement with DC’s Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide Job Placement (JP) Services to support the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program. The TANF program provides assistance to families with dependent children when available […]
WASHINGTON, D.C. (October 16, 2018) — The Excalibur Group today announced its participation in National Disability Employment Awareness Month, an annual awareness campaign that takes place each October. The purpose of National Disability Employment Awareness Month is to educate about disability employment issues and celebrate the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. This year’s […]
- Navy Looking To Fly P-8s From Cold War-era Base In Alaska December 14, 2018WASHINGTON: The Navy may begin deploying submarine-hunting P-8 Poseidon aircraft to a small airstrip hundreds of miles off the Alaskan coast, signaling a new emphasis on keeping watch over Russian and Chinese moves in the Arctic. The remote runway sits on the island of Adak in the Aleutian island chain, and it’s the westernmost airfield […]Paul McLeary
- Army Bradley Brigade Will Get Israeli Anti-Missile System: Iron Fist December 14, 2018WASHINGTON: Seeking to stop Russian-made anti-tank missiles, the US Army will buy Israel’s Iron Fist Active Protection System for a brigade of its M2 Bradley armored vehicles, Breaking Defense has learned. The decision comes after weeks of confusing statements by Army officials and months of delays fitting the high-tech active protection on a Cold War-vintage […]Sydney J. Freedberg Jr.
- Smithfield Foods Adds 250 Jobs in North Carolina With New Distribution CenterSmithfield Foods, Inc. is pleased to announce the grand opening of its new distribution center in Tar Heel, North Carolina, which will create approximately 250 new jobs in the state. Smithfield invested more than $100 million into the over 500,000-square foot facility, about the size of eight football fields, and its blast cell cold storage capabilities […]
- Siemens Foundation and Discovery Education Announce 2019 Possibility Grant SweepstakesThe Siemens Foundation, one of the country’s premier organizations advancing STEM workforce development and education initiatives, and Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and professional development for K-12 classrooms, today announced the launch of the 2019 Possibility Grant Sweepstakes. The $10,000 grant provides the opportunity to enhance science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education experiences and […]
- Tax Agency Says Its IT Can Handle Surge of Filings December 14, 2018California is poised to reap as much as $2 billion a year in new sales taxes from out of state, and its tax agency says its technology and staffing should be sufficient to handle the anticipated crush of new filings — and revenue.
- New Routers, Modem Offer FirstNet Members 5G-Capable Mobile Support, Spectrum Access December 14, 2018New routers and a modem from in-cloud 4G LTE solutions provider Cradlepoint offer FirstNet members exclusive access to 5G network speeds as those continue to come online — and should empower robust mobile connectivity in the field.