The Excalibur Group is currently seeking to fill multiple Senior Paralegal and Paralegal positions in Washington, DC to support a Federal contract.
**Must be a U.S. Citizen, possess good-excellent credit, able to obtain a DOJ MBI Clearance and will be subject to a background/credit screen prior to employment.
- Education: minimum of a paralegal/Legal Studies certificate.
- Minimum one to two years of litigation support experience and Trial experience.
- Ability to review investigative reports, testimonies, interviews, files, and documents for a variety of criminal cases to become familiar with the issues, and identify pertinent material.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as Lexis/Nexis and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Strong working knowledge with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in an office setting; walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items is required.
- Review investigative reports, testimonies, interviews, files, and documents for a variety of criminal cases to become familiar with the issues, and identify pertinent material.
- Participate and assist in all areas of trial preparation. To include compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibits.
- Mark and identify trial exhibits and draft a list of exhibits to be presented at trial.
- Prepare narrative summaries, charts, tables, graphs, or other visual aids to be used at trial.
- Range of paralegal tasks include, but are not limited to copying, mailing, closing files, maintaining pleadings.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as the role support person in the branch office.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office. Skill in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Overtime may be required.
In addition to the requirements above, Senior Paralegals require:
- Ability to perform in depth legal research.
- Litigation Paralegal experience.
- Previous experience working as a leader or manager for cases and junior paralegals.
HOW TO APPLY:
**Candidate must reference the position title and location, along with your credit worthiness, Citizenship status, contact information and your acceptance of the salary requirements when applying.
Please send resume as a WORD attachment only, along with the above information for immediate consideration to jobs@ExcaliburStaffing.com.
Sr. Paralegal: $26.47/hour
HOURS OF OPERATION
Mon. – Fri. 8:30am – 5pm
Except Federal Holidays
To view other available positions, please visit www.theexcaliburgroup.com
**The Excalibur Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.**
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org